Who Are We?
GINA’s program is determined and its strategies for asthma care are shaped by committees made up of leading asthma experts from around the world.
Read more about who is involved with GINA Committees.
Read more about the GINA Program.
- Increase awareness of asthma and its public health consequences.
- Promote identification of reasons for the increased prevalence of asthma.
- Promote study of the association between asthma and the environment.
- Reduce asthma morbidity and mortality.
- Improve management of asthma.
- Improve availability and accessibility of effective asthma therapy.
As of July 1, 2014, GINA’s activities are funded entirely by the sale of its documents and resources. These materials may be downloaded from the GINA Website; printed copies may be purchased for a fee. For information on how to purchase printed copies, please contact us.
Guidelines and Reports
The GINA global strategy for asthma management and prevention is presented in its strategy documents, which are freely available on the GINA Website.
The GINA Scientific Committee prepares updates to these documents each year, which are made available on the GINA Website as they are completed. The Scientific Committee has developed a sophisticated set of procedures to review the world’s literature with regards to asthma management and to update the GINA documents to reflect this state-of-the-art information.